Special Issue to be guest-edited by Prof. Tariq Elyas and Assoc. Prof. Osman Solmaz ''Exploring the intersection of Sociolinguistics & English language teaching (ELT): Navigating diversity, dynamics, and discourse''
Exploring the intersection of Sociolinguistics & English language teaching (ELT):
Navigating diversity, dynamics, and discourse
Prof. Tariq Elyas
King Abdulaziz University, KSA (email@example.com)
Assoc. Prof. Osman Solmaz
Dicle University, Türkiye (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sociolinguistic dimensions profoundly intersect with English Language Teaching (ELT), weaving together a rich tapestry of influences that shape language acquisition, classroom dynamics, and instructional efficacy. This special issue aims to illuminate these intricate intersections, inviting scholarly contributions that delve into the multifaceted connections between sociolinguistics and the realities of ELT.
Potential Submission Topics:
- Sociolinguistic influences on language learning in diverse ELT settings
- Classroom dynamics and the role of sociolinguistic variables in language learning environments
- Integrating sociolinguistic perspectives to enhance the effectiveness of ELT methodologies
- Cultural diversity and its impact on language use and instruction in ELT contexts
- Innovative approaches to incorporating sociolinguistic insights into ELT curriculum development
- Practical implications and strategies for educators to integrate sociolinguistic perspectives into their teaching practices
- Bilingualism/Multilingualism/Translanguaging in English classrooms
- Language policy and sociolinguistic adaptation in ELT Programs
- Identity construction through language in multicultural ELT environments
- Sociolinguistic challenges and strategies in teaching English as a lingua franca
- Power dynamics and language learning in diverse ELT Settings
- Sociolinguistic pragmatics: Communication styles and teaching strategies in ELT
- Language ideologies in ELT contexts.