Call for Papers (Special Issue to appear in 2023)
Exploring the intersection of technology and pedagogy: Advancements in English language teaching for the digital age
Vesna Bogdanović Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
Vesna Bulatović Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
Teaching practices in the 21st century have evolved into versatile and interactive approaches, departing from traditional passive learning models. Students now actively participate in the learning process, necessitating adjustments and additional tools. The contemporary digital landscape calls for an equally interactive and adaptable approach to English Language Teaching (ELT), as students' digital literacy levels continue to rise. Furthermore, students' motivation to improve their language skills serves as a driving force for excellence and personal growth.
This special issue aims to identify the (small) issues and tools that can significantly contribute to success in ELT. We invite papers that offer valuable insights into leveraging current technological advancements in the classroom to provide students with new knowledge and computer-mediated feedback during their language learning journey. Emphasizing students' inclination towards digital tools, papers should explore how technology can enhance language learning and foster active engagement. The authors are encouraged to investigate the potential of utilizing videos, multimedia resources, and other recording materials to enhance specific language skills, facilitate the acquisition of specialized terminology, and promote authentic language use. Moreover, this special issue welcomes papers that explore the crucial topics of motivation and feedback, shedding light on the potential for digital interventions to enhance ELT effectiveness. These papers can delve into innovative strategies and techniques that harness technology to motivate students and establish effective feedback mechanisms, ultimately leading to improved language learning outcomes.
To strike a balance between the advantages of technological tools and the significance of meaningful teacher-student interactions, this special issue aims to foster critical discussions on the challenges and opportunities associated with integrating technology in ELT. We invite scholars to examine and debate the complexities that arise in the utilization of technology, ensuring thoughtful reflections on maintaining human connections within the digital language learning environment. By sharing creative approaches, useful insights, and research findings, we aspire to contribute to the ongoing development and advancement of English Language Teaching in the digital age.
Suggested Submission Topics:
- Exploring innovative pedagogical practices that effectively integrate technology in ELT
- Examining the impact of digital tools on student engagement and motivation in language learning
- Investigating the effectiveness of computer-mediated feedback mechanisms in ELT
- Utilizing videos, multimedia resources, and recording materials to enhance language skills and promote authentic language use
- Addressing challenges and opportunities in integrating technology to preserve meaningful teacher-student interactions
- Identifying strategies and techniques for effectively motivating students through technology in ELT
- Examining the role of technology in facilitating the acquisition of specialized terminology in language learning
- Other topics that could be in line with the issues discussed above.
Papers submitted to this special issue should adhere to the Focus on ELT’s guidelines and be original contributions. Both theoretical and empirical studies are welcome. Manuscripts will undergo a rigorous peer-review process to ensure the publication of high-quality research. 500-word extended abstracts should be sent to the guest editors. When the full papers are submitted, the authors should make it clear that the submission is for special issue.
- Submission Deadline for 500-word abstracts: 31 JUNE 2023 (via emailing the guest editors)
- Notification of Acceptance: 10 JULY 2023
- Final Manuscript Submission: 31 AUGUST 2023
We look forward to receiving your valuable contributions and fostering a scholarly dialogue on the integration of technology in English Language Teaching.
For inquiries and submission details, please contact the guest editors at: